Student Council Elections
Student Council Candidate Guidelines
This packet contains the student petition form, timeline, and checklist.
Instructions to Candidates
- Due to our hybrid instructional model where there is a combination of in-person and virtual instruction, candidates running for office must complete an online application. One of the requirements is for candidates to create a Google Form to receive endorsements from administration, faculty, advisors, and coaches. When the form is completed indicating their endorsements, your Google Form spreadsheet will be automatically populated. Google Form Instructional Video
Candidate: First & Last Name
Position: President, VP, etc
I am running for the Student Council position indicated above. Due to the fact that we are not in school, candidates running for office must complete an online application. One of the requirements is for candidates is to receive endorsements from administration, faculty, advisors, and coaches. If you are willing to endorse my candidacy, please take time to complete the form below no later than April 22. Your responses will be automatically recorded. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
- Application spreadsheets are due to the student government via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 23rd.
- Candidates must obtain endorsements from Mr. Witkowski and by either Mr. Occhino or Mr. Koth. Candidates must email their Google Form to Mr. Witkowski and Mr. Occhino or Mr. Koth requesting their endorsement.
- Candidates must obtain four teacher endorsements in order to run for office. Candidates must email their Google Form to teachers requesting their endorsement.
- Candidates must also obtain endorsements from 25 freshmen, 25 sophomores, and 25 juniors. Candidates must email their Google Form to their schoolmates as indicated above requesting their endorsement.
- Once the Google Form spreadsheet is populated with all required endorsements, email the spreadsheet to the student governments at email@example.com no later than April 23rd.
- Per Article IV of the Student Council Constitution, candidates must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, be in good standing in the school community and pass a disciplinary record review conducted by the Administration.
- Candidates for the electoral positions must not exceed 15 absences in homeroom during the current school year unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- The attached petition must be fully completed. Inappropriate or fraudulent entries will disqualify the candidate.
- Failure to meet any of the deadlines could invalidate the student’s candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates who are elected to the Student Council will have a periodic review of their G.P.A., disciplinary record, and attendance throughout the year to be sure that they remain a student in good-standing.
Student Council Election and Campaigning Timeline
APRIL 12 Nomination Packets
Nomination packets will be emailed to the students via the Student Government email account
APRIL 23 Application Google Form Spreadsheet Due
Google Form spreadsheets are due to the Student Government via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m.
MAY 7 Campaign Videos Due
Typically, we have always allowed campaign videos to be shown during Campaign Week. However, due to the current hybrid instructional model, you will be permitted to send students a link to your video at a future time yet to be determined.
MAY 17-21 Campaign Week
These are tentative dates. Depending on the status of our school at that time, we will determine and dictate to the candidates the rules and regulations of campaigning.
MAY 24-25 Election Day
Students will vote virtually. Detailed information will be sent at a later time to all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
Checklist for Candidate Email Sent to Student Government
- Receive packet via email from Student Government
- Create a Google Form to Run for Student Council
- Get endorsements via email from Mr. Witkowski and Mr. Occhino or Mr. Koth
- Get teacher endorsements via email from four teachers
- Get extra-curricular endorsements from two advisors and/or coaches
- Get student endorsements from 25 freshmen, 25 sophomores, and 25 juniors
- Return the Google Form spreadsheet to the Student Government at email@example.com no later than April 23rd.