Course Expectations and Grading Policy Ms. Caryn Schanstine
Advanced Algebra (12) firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW IS ALSO LOCATED ON CANVAS IN THE MODULES!!
We will explore the following units of study:
- General Functions
- Quadratic Functions
- Polynomial Functions
- Trigonometry and Trigonometric Functions
A final exam will be given at the end of the year.
Exemption information can be found in the Student/Parent handbook.
- Charged Surfaces
- Notes/HW may be done on ONE NOTE and save to google drive
- If not using ONE NOTE, then a 3 ring binder required(optional) Loose-leaf paper, Graph Paper AND 6” Ruler(Straight Edge)
- Graphing Calculators and Scientific Calculators - Ti84(preferred) or TiNSPIRE are acceptable as well as the TI 30xIIS for a scientific calculator
- Textbooks will be provided upon request and available in the classroom
- Be on time and be prepared for class with required materials.
- Daily use of CANVAS for class assignments/notes as well as homework.
- Keep an organized notebook (one note is acceptable).
- If you prefer hard copies of guided notes, please print copies prior to class.
- Correct and review your homework (solution sets will be given via CANVAS).
- Class attendance. (It is critical to be present in order to take notes, practice problems and review for tests and quizzes)
- As per school policy, no cell phones should be in use during class.
- I expect positive participation – ask questions and participate in homework correction, class discussions and activities.
We will have various forms of assessments that will give you opportunities to reflect and improve on your learning. These can include warm-ups, online forums and class/group activities. Homework will reinforce content and class discussions and will be in the form of practice problems, applications, short videos, desmos and calculator activities. Quizzes and unit exams will not only assess skills and content, but also include open-ended and application problems. All unit exams will be announced several days in advance. Some assessments and activities will require the use of your device.
Grades are based on a points system.
Unit Assessments: 50 – 100 points each (1 – 2 per unit of study)
Quizzes: 20 – 60 points each (1 – 3 per unit of study)
Class Activities: 5 – 25 points each
Homework: 2 points per assignment
Unit Exams and Quizzes:
- All quizzes and tests must be completed within allotted time period.
- There will not be additional attempts for quizzes and tests.
- Review problems will be provided for unit exams and posted on CANVAS.