We are happy to announce that parent access to Canvas will begin today, Friday, September 29. Parents will be able to log on as an "Observer" of their child's Canvas classes. As an observer, some examples of the areas you may be able to view are:
The items that you are able to see, replicate what your child can access in Canvas except for Discussions which are not available to an Observer. Teachers are in complete control of their Canvas class feature set. Each teacher uses various tools of the program to meet the needs of his/her curricular area and teaching style.
If the teacher uses the Canvas Grades module, this does NOT supersede or replace the student's grades in Genesis. Genesis will always reflect the current grade for the student.PLEASE ALWAYS REFER TO THE GENESIS GRADEBOOK WHEN CHECKING STUDENT GRADES.The "Canvas Parent Account Setup" page on the 1:1 Technology Initiative section of the website ( https://www.northernhighland
s.org/Page/6145 ) contains detailed instructions on how to setup your Canvas account.Below are brief instructions to create your account via a computer as well as a link to a one-page quick start guide for your convenience. (Please remember to visit the Canvas Parent Account Setup page for detailed directions.)To register for your Canvas account, please:
(Optional) Add other children by:
- Go to https://nhrhs.instructure.c
- Click on "Parent of a Canvas User - Click Here For an Account" in the top right corner.
- Fill out the form with your name and email address.
- Have your child enter his/her Canvas username and password (If you have more than one child, you will be able to add them at a later time.)
- At the Welcome to Canvas window, please click Start Participating.
- Set your parent communication preferences.
- Check your email to finish the registration process.
- Clicking Settings in the top right corner.
- Click Observing in the left menu.
- Ask additional children to enter their Canvas usernames and passwords.
(Quick Start Guide)If you have additional questions or need further support, please feel free to contact techsupport@northernhi
Daniel CazesExecutive Director of TechnologyAllendale, Ho-Ho-Kus, Northern Highlands, and Upper Saddle River School Districts
Last Modified on October 13, 2017