Canvas Parent Account Setup
Parents will be able to log on as an "Observer" of their child's Canvas classes. As an observer, some examples of the areas you may be able to view are:
The items that you are able to see, replicate what your child can access in Canvas except for Discussions which are not available to an Observer. Teachers are in complete control of their Canvas class feature set. Each teacher uses various tools of the program to meet the needs of his/her curricular area and teaching style.
If the teacher uses the Canvas Grades module, this does NOT supersede or replace the student's grades in Genesis. Genesis will always reflect the current grade for the student. PLEASE ALWAYS REFER TO THE GENESIS GRADEBOOK WHEN CHECKING STUDENT GRADES.
To register for your Parent account, please find the section below that pertains to the device you will be using.
I. Student Needs to Obtain Observer Pairing Code
1. The student needs to log on to Canvas with their student account
2. Please have the student click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
4. Click the Pair with Observer button
5. Copy the six-digit alphanumeric pairing code . You will need to share the code with the parent/observer who will link to your account. The pairing code will expire after seven days or its first use.
To close the window, click the OK button .
Note: Pairing codes are case sensitive.
II. Create Your Parent Account
1. Please go to https://nhrhs.instructure.com
2. Click on "Parent of a Canvas User - Click Here For an Account" in the top right corner
3. Fill out the form with your name, email, password, and pairing code obtained by the student (from Step I above).
4. Click Start Participating
5. A welcome to Canvas window will pop-up once you are on. Please click Get Started.
6. Check your email to finish the registration process.(Optional) Add other children by:1. Have your child get a pairing code (Please see step I above)2. Click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
3. In User Navigation, click the Observing link.
4. Type the pairing code in the Student Pairing Code field  and click the Add Student button .
Instructions from Canvas Help Website: How to Add other children
If you have additional questions or need further support, please feel free to contact email@example.com.