Speedball is a Physical Education Activity Class for grades 9-12.
Students are expected to come prepared to participate and work to the best of their ability each day.
Weather permitting; the class will take place outside for the remainder of the marking period. Please make sure to dress appropriately.
· acquire a broad range of fundamental and specific skills needed in Speedball.
· demonstrate the ability to follow safety rules while participating in Speedball.
· apply recently refined skills to a modified game setting.
· analyze their roles in a game based situation.
· achieve personalized level of physical fitness
· exhibit knowledge of rules and scoring during a competitive game
Each class period consists of the following:
Warm-up (run or multi joint warm ups)
Skill and safety review
Skills that will be covered in this class include:
Week 1: Passing/catching, playing defense
Week 2: Modified game play
Weeks 3 and 4: Games/Tournament