Volleyball - Twice a week for 10 - 12 minutes, the class will participate in a cardio workout. Students are expected to come prepared to participate and work to the best of their ability each day.
· understand and appreciate the origin and history of Volleyball.
· practice and demonstrate proficiencies in the basic skills including serving, bumping, setting, spiking and
· develop an appreciation of Volleyball as a lifetime activity.
· apply recently refined skills to a modified game setting.
· demonstrate his/her knowledge of the rules/court etiquette.
· analyze their roles in a game based situation.
· demonstrate competency in ability to apply skills to various games.
· identify specific skills related and modification of the game to meet any specific needs of the
- develop teamwork and sportsmanship skills in a competitive environment
Each class period consists of the following:
Warm-up (run or multi-joint warm ups)
Skill and safety review
Skills that will be covered in this class include:
Week 1: Safety/Rules, Serving, Serving, Setting, Hitting/Spiking Drills and games
Week 2: Review of above and begin tournament play
Week 3: Review of Week 1 as needed and continue tournament play
Week 4: Review of Week 1 as needed and continue tournament play and play-offs
For the rules of the game please click here.