What to do when on medical leave from Physical Education classes
1) If you need to be excused for medical reasons for 1-3 classes, please bring a doctor’s note to Mrs. Kiely, the school nurse. She will give you a gold pass to present to your Physical Education teacher. You will remain with the class for those periods.
2) If you need to be excused for four or more classes, you must bring a doctor’s note to Mrs. Kiely, the school nurse. She will give you a gold pass to present to your Physical Education teacher. You will be given an assignment and a pass to the library by your Physical Education teacher. It is important to check in with your teacher every period for attendance purposes.
a. 1-5 weeks absences:
i. Your Physical Education teacher will give you a packet or summary writing assignment to complete for each week you are out. Each packet is due one week from the date it was assigned. These packets will be graded.
b. 6 or more weeks absences:
ii. Your Physical Education teacher will assign you a long-term project.
1. Student will be assigned a health related topic from a list generated from the Northern Highlands Opposing Viewpoints database located at https://www.northernhighlands.org/site/Default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=501&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=356&PageID=71.
2. Student will find two (2) articles within this database pertaining to their assigned topic that demonstrate opposing viewpoints.
3. Student will read and type a summary of each article.
4. Student will then type their thoughts/opinions/position on the issue.
5. Student will then locate a third article that supports their personal view.
6. The project must be a minimum of 5 pages in length plus a work cited page following MLA format.
7. The due date will be assigned by your teacher.