Project Adventure!!!!!!Journal #1: PA AssessmentFIRST JOURNAL:MUST BE A HALF TO A FULL PAGEWRITTEN OR TYPEDNAME, PERIOD, DATE AND TEACHER AT THE TOPJournal #2: PA ASSESSMENT
Project Adventure is a required part of the 9th grade Physical Education curriculum. This course includes activities that promote self-esteem, personal confidence, respect and trust in others. It also enhances problem-solving skills and develops skills essential for working within a group.
Project Adventure students are expected to apply all necessary safety guidelines. Students participate at their own level of comfort and follow the Full Value Contract. Upon completion of each activity, students will reflect on their experience. Each student will write about these experiences in two journal entries.The class will complete a 10 - 12 minute run twice a week. Students are expected to come prepared to participate and work to the best of their ability each day. Weather permitting; the class will take place outside for the remainder of the marking period. Please make sure to dress appropriately.
· apply rules and etiquette in all adventure activities
· incorporate value and respect to the experience at all times.
· demonstrate respectful behaviors toward self, peers, and adults that are consistent with the Full Value Contract.
· agree to work together with the group and support group and individual goals.
· work constructively with others to accomplish a goal in a group activity demonstrating consideration for others.
· become reliable members of the group by offering each other physical and emotional support.
· demonstrate how progressive personal challenges within a safe environment can lead to increased self-awareness and learning opportunities.
· articulate effective communication negotiation and conflict resolution for resolving potential problems.
· collaborate and plan to achieve common goals.
· implement effective problem solving strategies to accomplish group tasks.
· challenge themselves while respecting their own strengths and weaknesses.
· understand how Adventure activities can provide opportunities to demonstrate leadership and express feelings.
· support others during individual challenges.· execute proper safety guidelines.
Each class period consists of the following:
Warm-up (run or multi joint warm ups)
Skill and safety reviewIcebreakers, Initiatives, Games, Problem Solving, and Trust Activities.
Skills that will be covered in this class include:
Leadership and Confidence